Our passion lies in the transformative effect that great homes and services have on the lives of the families and individuals we home; recognising that not all customers have the same needs. The primary focus of our new three-year corporate strategy is to be a customer pioneer; genuinely working with our customers to drive services and standards.
Our strategy is built around three key priorities:
Great customer experience
Our customers will experience a landlord who is a customer pioneer. Making it easier and faster to access services, in a way that suits them and feels inclusive, warm, and helpful, and tailored around their needs. We will do this by:
- Creating a consistent customer experience that is positive, warm in tone for our communications that will be easier to understand and quicker to read for our customers and build trust with them.
- Proving customer access our services, at any time, from anywhere, through the delivery of core services on digital channels by December 2024.
- Ensuring our customers know we are accountable and listen to them. We will aim to speak to 100% of customers in the next three years.
- Delivering a great customer experience by using insight about customers to redesign and deliver our services from November 2023. We will deliver a great customer experience improving our customer effort score to 80% by March 2026.
Pride in homes and places
Our customers will feel proud to live in our good quality, safe, homes and places. We will reduce the environmental impact of our existing homes which will help customers with their running costs. We will do this by:
- Ensuring customers feel that their repairs and maintenance service is much improved and is easy and convenient to use. We will improve the repairs satisfaction score to 90% by March 2026.
- Ensuring customers will feel their communal areas are clean and well maintained. Information about this will always be available. We will improve customer satisfaction with our grounds maintenance service by 5% year on year up to 2026.
- Improving the information we have about our homes, so we can make better decisions. We will complete 100% of home condition surveys by March 2026.
- Making sure customers and colleagues have trust and confidence in us. They are assured we provide safe and decent homes. We will strive for 100% compliance with Landlord Health & Safety requirements. We will achieve a minimum score of 95% by March 2026, in satisfaction, that the home is well maintained and safe to live in.
- Helping our customers manage their home running costs by improving the environmental impact of our homes. All our homes will achieve an EPC rating of at least D by March 2026.
Growth in new homes and communities
Customers want to stay with us because we truly make a difference by building attractive, safe, and sustainable homes in desirable surroundings. We create communities where people want to live and create foundations for their future. We will do this by:
- People knowing that we continue to be committed to solving the housing crisis, we will build a minimum of 450 new homes per year.
- Making a bigger impact to peoples’ lives by building larger and more diverse communities. We will increase the average size of our new developments by March 2026.
- Looking for partnering opportunities to help us build. We will deliver at least one project of over 100 homes in partnership each year through the life of the corporate strategy.
- Encouraging customers to help us design new homes, recognising the needs of different people. We will build better quality homes which are affordable, sustainable, and safe.
- Only build homes when it helps to solve housing need.