Universal Credit - updating rent changes

If you claim Universal Credit, it’s important that you update the Government with your new rent and service charges for 2021/22. You should do this as soon as your rent changes in April, as you could miss out on what you’re entitled to or even end up being overpaid, which may mean paying money back. 

You can update your rent/service charge by logging onto your journal and adding this as an immediate change of circumstances. If you need assistance with this, please contact your Jobcentre work coach or our Financial Wellbeing Team at FinancialWellbeingTeam@moat.co.uk.