Shared owners, like many home owners have a responsibility to look after their home, as there is a lease involved, we have summarised these additional responsibilities below.
Under the terms of your lease we expect you to:
- Pay your rent and service charges one month in advance, payments being due on the first of each month.
- Pay Council Tax, and any other charges due. Apartment owners may also have to pay ground rent.
- Not to alter the exterior or interior of your home without our permission.
- Not to use your home for anything other than a private residence.
- Not to cause a nuisance or harass other people.
- Not to keep any pets without our permission.
- To inform us when you wish to sell your home.
- To maintain and repair your home, including floors, ceilings, window frames and glass and any other fittings inside your home.
- Not to sub-let your home.
For further information about your shared ownership lease, please click below.