- Moat is committed to protecting you and your family's personal information. When you interact with Moat we sometimes receive personal information about you. The information you provide will be used by Moat to create or update records held by us. Your information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We will keep your information confidential and generally we will only use your information within Moat. However, we may share your information with other members of the Moat group, our contractors or partner organisations in order to improve our services and to help us to meet our legal obligations and provide a fair and equitable service for all our residents.
- We will not sell, rent or lease your information to any other company for marketing purposes. We may share information within Moat, with sub contractors and other associated organisations only to ensure that relevant people are dealing with your query(s) and request(s).
- We may do optional online surveys to assess our services, collect demographic information or any other information we may find useful. We may share non-personal, aggregated information from these surveys with third parties.
- We have a secure log in section of the site for Moat residents. Information in this area of the site is confidential and can only accessed by residents through a password. Personal records can only be viewed by the party(ies) they relate to.
- We will monitor the use of our site and visitors to it and may share non-personal information from this work with third parties to improve the website services.
- You are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you by writing to us and requesting it.
If you have any questions or comments about the Moat’s Data Protection policy please write to: Data Protection Officer, Moat, Mariner House, Galleon Boulevard, Crossways, Dartford, Kent DA2 6QE.
This statement links into Moat’s Data protection policy.
‘Cookies’ are small text files sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. You can find out more about the way cookies work online at www.cookiecentral.com.
There are different types of cookies, each of which are defined by the following categories:
Category 1 – strictly necessary cookiesThese cookies enable services that you have specifically asked for. User consent is not required for delivery of these cookies.
Category 3 – functionality cookiesThis type of cookie remembers the choices you make which improve your experience. Functionality cookies are used to remember customer selections that change the way the website behaves or looks. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 4 – targeting cookies or advertising cookiesThese cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. Explicit consent is required for these types of cookies to be used; we will ask you for permission before implementing any targeting or advertising cookies.
The Moat website only uses the cookies outlined in categories 1, 2 and 3. While browsing most of our website and accessing many of our services is possible without allowing cookies to operate on your browser, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to access any areas reserved for registered users.
We only use third party cookies for analytical purposes, such as Google Analytics, to help improve the usage of our site and for Twitter feeds. You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see which cookies have been set and how to manage or delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.