Work for us
We want the best employees at Moat; people who believe in our customer service ethos are ambitious for themselves, for our customers and for Moat.
We hold Investors in People (IIP) status and invest heavily in staff development. To ensure that we are providing the best possible service to our staff, we conduct a staff survey every other year.
This is what our 2013 survey said:
- 94% of our staff said they were proud to work for Moat
- 95% see Moat as a good employer
- 91% would recommend Moat to a friend
- 96% are satisfied or fairly satisfied at work
What we offer
Moat employees enjoy a wide variety of benefits and excellent training and development opportunities. We believe in developing our own staff and empowering them to make decision. Here’s a selection of the benefits we offer all staff:
- Annual leave entitlement up to 30 days, in addition to bank holidays
- Buying and selling annual leave
- Half day birthday leave
- Pension scheme with SHPS DC
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care vouchers
- Flexible working
- Career break
- Childcare vouchers
- Tommy's pregnancy accreditation programme
- A comprehensive programme of internal training covering 35 topic areas including personal skills, management and IT skills.
- Access to job-specific external training events, including conferences, seminars, workshops and courses.
We also have a range of voluntary benefits including:
- Benenden healthcare
- Car loans
- Season ticket loans
- Simply health cash plan
- Benenden healthcare
- Perkz – employee discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
We want to be a leader in the housing sector, providing affordable homes which allow more people to move into home ownership, and outstanding services to those who rent homes with us.
Above all, we aim to deliver the services that you want, need and expect by living our values, and becoming a truly customer-hearted organisation.
It's what we're MADE OF:
- Making it happen together
- Ambitious for our customers, ambitious for ourselves
- Do the right thing
- Easy to communicate with
- One step ahead
- Fairness in everything we do
We are divided into four directorates as follows:
Communications and Public Affairs
HR and Business Support
Housing and customer services:
Development and new business:
Sales and Marketing
Finance and corporate services:
IT and IS
Diversity and equal opportunities
We value the contribution a diverse range of people can bring to Moat and we are committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect. Our policy captures our commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
Our equality and diversity policies are available on this website for anyone to read.
We will always strive to ensure that our services meet the needs of individuals and communities where we work.
For more information about Moat and the work we do, please browse the rest of our website.
Recruitment agenciesWe do not use recruitment agencies. We operate a direct hire approach and any temporary requirements are usually filled with our fully trained bank of staff.